Centre for Community Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement. CCI has been implementing Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) programs since 2004.
The Social Auxiliary Worker will be responsible for the provision of individual psychosocial support interventions to AGYW in the City of Bojanala Sub District.
- Enrol adolescents and young women to the AGYW Program and provide core package of services and conduct risk assessment.
- Conduct home visits to AYP with prolonged absenteeism to determine underlying factors and intervene accordingly;
- Provide psychosocial support and counselling to AYP and MSP.
- Provide Trauma Debriefing
- Facilitate group Life-skills to AYP
- Facilitate parenting programs to parents of AGYW to promote positive parenting and eliminate absenteeism.
- Facilitate Activities in Safe Spaces
- Provide support to peer group trainers (PTG) and health educators where necessary.
- Provide referrals to the Social Workers and other support services where appropriate i.e. Health Facilities, Gender Based Violence (GBV) organizations and other stakeholders under the supervision of the Centre Manager.
- Develop weekly and monthly plans and compile activity monthly reports.
- Bachelor & Post Graduate Degree in Development or Gender Studies
- Experience in working on Human Rights/Sexual Reproductive Health/TB and HIV/AIDS in the NGO or government sector
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and exposure to a range of human rights issues including barriers to accessing legal and health services in Global Fund supported districts
- Assist data team during monitoring and verification visits;
- Coordinate and facilitate the distribution of dignity packs to AGYW in need;
- Attend to program meetings as required;
- Assist in other related responsibilities as assigned by the line manager;
- Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in facilitating group work and working with communities;
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Services Profession (SACSSP)
- Experience working with Youth
- How to Apply: Interested candidates should forward a motivation letter (not more than one page) and an updated CV (not more than four pages) to CCI Human Resources at email@example.com on or before Friday, 25th November 2022 at 17hrs. Please put the title of Social Auxiliary Worker
- -Bojanala in the subject line.