Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement.
Purpose of position
The Professional Nurse: NIMART will provide comprehensive quality HIV and Primary Health Care services to in-school and out-of-school aged 15-24 years within fixed and mobile clinical settings in the assigned subdistricts within Thabo Mofutsanyane District (Free State Province), in close collaboration with the AYP Team in the District.
The NIMART Professional Nurse reports to AYP Clinical Manager with supervisory responsibilities for the lower-level Nursing category in the programme.
- Provide comprehensive AYP-friendly clinical services within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide Primary Health services, counselling for and promoting risk reduction and holistic patient care.
- Provide HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT), Nurse-initiated and managed antiretroviral therapy (ART), and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) according to DoH guidelines; identify and refer patients with ART failure or complications and support Counsellors to promote patient adherence to ART.
- Provide Sexual Reproductive Health Care (SRH) including Family Planning and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening, TB Screening and referral.
- Prescribe and dispense appropriate treatment in line with good pharmacy practice in line with programmatic interventions.
- Support and guide Peer Educators to provide support to clients prior to, during, and post-treatment.
- Support delivery of health promotion and education programs.
- Perform and comply with administrative procedures associated with accurate clinical record keeping and reporting including patient records and confidentiality.
- Implement and comply with relevant policies, procedures & protocols.
- Assist in standardization of procedures, tools & infrastructure.
- Take part in ongoing Quality Improvement Planning and quality assurance of the operational activities of the intervention site/s.
- Support the development of project plans and timelines for addressing identified needs and priorities.
- Contribute to accurate Monitoring and Evaluation (ME) processes.
- Support the review of challenges and achievements in implementing the Global Fund AYP programme.
- Compile or give input into relevant donor and CCI reports.
- Integrate feedback from regular reports into the program implementation plan and subsequent progress reports.
- Provide ongoing needs-based training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision to the other clinical team members within the AYP program team;
- Represent the AYP program team in relevant platforms as appropriate;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and the CCI senior management team.
- Diploma / Degree in Nursing (NQF Level 5) with a Dispensing License,
- NIMART registration and competent to work independent as well as PrEP training;
- 5 years’ experience working in an NGO setting / primary health care setting. ‘
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse.
- Understanding of the challenges facing Adolescents and Young People in the Province with ability to communicate and work well with Adolescents and Young People.
- Familiarity with latest national HIV, STIs and TB policies and guidelines;
- Experience in Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services and ART adherence support.
- Knowledge of national, provincial, and district health structures.
- Knowledge in clinical and data management and analysis.
- Able to prioritize own workload and work towards deadlines.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, take initiative, and works as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proactive, able to exercise discretion and independent decision making.
- Attention to detail and report writing skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with Senior Management and CCI staff at all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all external stakeholders such as donors, the Department of Health (DoH), the community, and other partner organizations.
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and a responsible attitude to all aspects of the work.
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills; effective time management and coordination skills and highly meticulous with attention to detail;
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and other data analytics software (quantitative & qualitative);
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel regularly to designated AYP sites to provide biomedical services to in-school and out-of-school AYP in allocated Subdistricts.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity with ability to speak local languages.
Note: All CCI contracts are one year renewable upon satisfactory performance, need for the position and availability of funding. CCI reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy at anytime as final contracting with the successful candidate is dependent upon final agreement with the funder.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should forward a motivation letter (not more than one page) and an updated CV (not more than four pages) to CCI Human Resources at email@example.com on or before Wednesday, 15th June 2022 at 16hrs SAST. Please put the title of NIMART Professional Nurse (Dihlabeng) or NIMART Professional Nurse (Setsoto) in the subject line.