Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement.
Purpose of position
The ABYM Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the ABYM component of the comprehensive prevention programs for Adolescent and Young People (AYP) in their allocated subdistrict. The ABYM manager is part of the CCI Provincial Management Team and will work to ensure all priorities are met as per grant requirements including provision of in-school, out-of-school and biomedical to AYP aged between 15 – 24 years.
The ABYM Manager will report to the Program Manager in their respective sub-district.
- Lead advocacy efforts in the sub-district that improves prioritization of ABYM in accessing services.
- Lead planning for ABYM service provision under the GF grant for CCI in the sub-district.
- Lead stakeholder liaison at Provincial, District and subdistrict level to ensure ABYM activities are mainstreamed in AYP priorities
- Identify and establish linkages, synergies and collaborations with relevant and critical stakeholders in the AYP and ABYM program roll-out
- Work closely with the AYP team, lead and facilitate mapping of ABYM services in communities, liaise and gain entry through community gatekeepers and manage any issues as raised
- Manage and monitor performance of ABYM staff providing services at all levels to ensure set targets are met
- Prepare and submit regular reports to the Programme Manager and different stakeholders as required reflecting activities, accomplishments, emerging issues/challenges and opportunities
- Identify ABYM program gaps and provide capacity building to teams working on the AYP program to ensure optimal program implementation
- Lead documentation of ABYM related success stories and overall development of relevant abstracts and implementation science research papers.
- Perform and assist in other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and other District based management team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in any social, health or development field;
- At least 5 years’ experience working programmes that benefits Adolescents and Young People.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS programs with an emphasis of the multisectoral HIV, TB and STI response;
- Familiarity with latest national health, education and socio-economic government policies and guidelines;
- Undestanding of project management, leadership and management experience in either Global Fund, PEPFAR or other relevant donor funded programming experiences would be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Command of local languages would be an added advantage;
- Experience in program technical leadership and management i.e. conceptualisation, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER), and research;
- Experience in capacity building (i.e. training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision);
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills; effective time management and coordination skills;
- Ability to travel to ABYM implementation sites during the project implementation period.
- Ability to be flexible and exercise sound judgment;
- Possesses time/organization/stress management skills;
- A responsible attitude to all aspects of the work;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Demonstrate solid work ethics;
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
Note: All CCI contracts are one year renewable upon satisfactory performance, need for the position and availability of funding. CCI reserves the right to withdraw or modify the description of this vacancy at anytime as final contracting with the successful candidate is dependent upon final agreement with the funder.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should forward a motivation letter (not more than one page) and an updated CV (not more than four pages) to CCI Human Resources at email@example.com on or before Wedesday, 15th June 2022 at 16hrs SAST. Please put the title of ABYM Manager (Dihlabeng) or ABYM Manager (Setsoto) in the subject line.